Tuesday, July 8, 2008

everything looks perfect from far away...

If you can't tell by now my posts aren't exactly being posted in order. Well, they are but I've been writing at the end of the day and adding photos later... so the posts haven't been getting published right away. I'm keeping the dates the same though - so we have a record of our progress by date.

We have a roofer coming next week (hopefully) to start the roof, gutters, point the chimneys and take down the remaining vines. Yesterday, we had a landscaper tame the hedges in the front and on the side - this I haven't had a chance to see yet but I'm very excited to hear that we can walk freely down the side of the house now! And he indentified all of the poison ivy and removed it. He was actually immune to the ivy and was able to touch it. I'm beginning to think I may be immune to it as well - I picked up a lot of those vines and I didn't have the slightest reaction.

Some highlights from phase two of the vine removal last week here:



Fernando did the chopping, I did the clean-up and Chris was the muscle again.
And here's another shot from last week taken by the roofer:



I hear there's some view from up there... makes me wish I wasn't so scared of heights!

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: Fernando and Chris have since come down with a case of West Nile!..
    notice they've not been mentioned in a while.

    ReplyDelete