Monday, July 7, 2008

success.

Since we've been so busy we decided not to have our yard sale on Saturday but we did have it on Sunday. It was tiring but I did have a good time. We got to meet so many nice new people from the neighborhood and we got rid of a lot of stuff. Our first customer came out from Sheepshead Bay and we even had a few people come out from Queens. Not bad for only advertising on Craigslist!

Unfortunately, the oval portrait of George Washington sold. I've had two requests for it since the sale. The strange thing is I thought of keeping it for the frame and putting in a photo of Giant Toby (our grey cat.) It seems both requests were specifically because GW was in the frame (and now I'm relieved I wasn't the heartless one to tear him out!) Who knew George Washington portraits were so desirable?


neighborhood kitty visiting our yard

No comments:

Post a Comment